So you have a photographer friend and have nooooo clue what to get them for Christmas? Let's be honest, photography gear is EXPENSIVE. You're more than likely not going to go out there and buy a $3000 camera for a gift. So what can you actually get your tog buddy that'll be practical AND fun for them? I've comprised a list to give you a little insight and hopefully help you as you're finishing up your Christmas shopping this year!
1. House of Flynn black floral camera leggings. Let's get real - most girls love leggings. And leggings with cameras and flowers on them? Totally drool-worthy for your female photographer friends. Browse the HOF shop because they have several different patterns!
2. While we're talking about House of Flynn and chick gifts, check out this adorable memory card organizer here. No matter what photographer you talk to, I guarantee they have tons of memory cards. It's always nice to have something that'll keep them all in one spot. And these colors and designs are just too cute to pass up.
3. If you're photographer buddy is on Instagram or uses social media as a marketing platform, there's a REALLY good chance that they take styled images to show off some pretty details and promote their work (i.e.: the image at the top of this blog post). If you've seen these type of images on their Instagram feed, more than likely they will welcome some new props and backgrounds with open arms. Wooden boards, marble or wooden trays and pretty much anything neutral in color with soft texture will be perfect for your photographer buddy to build some product shots on top of. Places like T.J. Maxx Home Goods, World Market and Marshall's have some gorgeous details that any product photographer would love to get their hands on!
4. Speaking of styled detail shots, here's another item that togs can add to these shots. It's called a Letterfolk Board and it's especially helpful for announcements and other promo shots.
5. Who doesn't love a good t-shirt? I know I do. And if it has something photography related on it, I'm likely to dig it even more. A couple of weeks ago, I came across a company called Straight Out of Camera. They have some sayings on shirts that are pretty common in the photo community. I think I've heard most photographers say, "that light though" - and it might be my favorite saying on the site. Naturally, I gravitated towards that shirt. Check it out here.
6. Any professional photographer will tell you to print your images. They'll probably also tell you that they don't always like carrying their camera equipment around. I take photos on my iPhone NONSTOP. I used to have a Fuji Instax Mini that I carried around everywhere, which was fun to have the little prints and it fit perfectly in my purse. Now I have the Fuji Instax Wide Format and it's a fun camera with a bigger print. There's also the Fuji Instax Smart Phone Printer that is currently on my Christmas list, which you can print images directly from your phone.
7. Being a wedding photographer with a lot of gear, and a lot of small pieces of equipment, I like to keep things organized so I can easily and quickly find what I need from my camera bag on a wedding day. One big thing is batteries. These battery cases are a great stocking stuffer!
8. A lot of us togs need coffee (and lots of it) to get through hours of editing and working. I LOVE a good, cute coffee mug. There are some great ones on Etsy, like this Girl Boss Fuel mug. You can also find some cute mugs from your local pop up shops and craft shows.
9. If you're really struggling or looking for something super last minute, a gift card to your local camera store is also a great gift! For all you Northeast Ohio folks, YM Camera in Boardman is a super awesome shop and is family owned. They're just awesome there!
10. If all else fails, I don't know a tog who's really going to turn down a six pack of craft beer or a bottle of wine :P Vintage Estates Wine & Beer is the perfect local place to get tons of different kinds of beer and wine. It's located in Boardman, Ohio on South Ave.